We just love potatoes! And this dish is to die for when the weather starts to warm up. We love making a huge batch and have leftovers for a couple days. That way we don’t have to worry about what to make when we get home.
It’s a 100% healthy, feel great about eating this comfort food type of recipe. Plus, it’s loaded with protein, complex carbohydrates and the perfect amount of healthy fat if you dice up some avocado and throw that on top (which we highly recommend)!
Simple Vegan Potato Salad
8-12 medium red or Yukon potatoes, chopped
1 8 oz package firm or extra firm tofu
2T yellow mustard
1T Dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic, minced
1T fresh lemon juice
1/2t sea salt
1/4-1/2 c dill pickle relish
2-3 stalk celery, finely diced
1/3 medium red onion, finely diced
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Freshly chopped dill, cilantro and avocado optional.
- Place potatoes in pot of boiling water over med-high heat. Simmer just until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine tofu, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl. Add relish. Stir well and add celery and onion. Stir again and then add potatoes. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add fresh dill and cilantro. Top with diced avocado for extra creamy goodness.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour (if you can wait that long to dive in and eat it).
- Store up to 1 week in fridge.